The Lending Library provides very limited assistance to students who have exhausted all financial assistance including the HOPE Grant and the Pell Grant and need assistance acquiring books for class. Because books are limited, there is no guarantee that the requested book(s) will be available in the Lending Library. Books are loaned on a first-come, first-serve basis beginning the first day of class each semester.
To apply for the Lending Library, students must meet the following guidelines:
- Must apply and use resources available through the Financial Aid office.
- Must have a financial need
- Must be currently enrolled in classes at STC
- Complete a Lending Library Application in the Special Needs office
- Agree to return the textbook(s) at the end of the semester;
- Agree to return the textbooks which are state property in the condition in which they were borrowed; and,
- Agree to replace textbook(s) which have been lost, damaged, or unreturned.
Donate to the Lending Library Program
Students may donate their used textbooks to the Lending Library.