In order to be eligible for a degree, diploma, or technical certificate of credit, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Complete the required courses in the program of study for which you are applying to graduate, as prescribed by the course catalog specific to the term you were admitted under. Students who have a break in enrollment of at least one term will come under the most current catalog guidelines
- Be in good academic standing, have a graduation grade point average (GPA) of 2.0, and have a “C” in all courses that apply toward graduation.
- Complete a minimum of twenty-five percent (25%) of the coursework required for a program at Southeastern Technical College.
- Satisfy all financial obligations to the college and be free of any holds on your academic record.
- Complete the graduation application with your advisor as you register for your last semester. Submit the completed form to the Registrar’s Office. Students with student loans must see Financial Aid also.
- Students completing certificates, diplomas and associate of applied science degrees with a graduation GPA of 3.75 or better will graduate with honors. Graduate candidates listed in program are based on graduation GPA at the time of the commencement ceremony. Due to the timing of the commencement ceremony all final grades are not available for review.
Graduation exercises are scheduled once per year usually in May. All students must achieve Regular Program Admission status prior to applying for graduation. All students eligible for graduation are expected to participate in the ceremony. It is the student's responsibility to complete an application for graduation. The application must be submitted to the Registrar's Office upon registration for the final semester of classes.
A fee of $35.00 is charged to each student who applies for graduation and who wishes to participate in the graduation ceremony. This fee defrays part of the student's graduation expenses and is non-refundable. Graduating degree, diploma, and certificate students who do not wish to participate in the graduation ceremony are charged a fee of $10.00 per credential. Replacement charge for a degree, diploma, or certificate is $25.00 per credential. A $10.00 fee is charged for each cover requested.
For additional information on the ceremony, click here.
Upcoming Commencement Ceremonies
May 12, 2016
Swainsboro-Emanuel County Auditorium
May 10, 2016
Southeastern Technical College Toombs Auditorium