Southeastern Tech Child Development Center
Southeastern Technical College’s Child Development Center is a unique program that serves the families of Southeastern Tech and the Swainsboro community. We are a learning center focused on preparing children for success in all aspects of their lives. With strong support from the Early Childhood faculty, our program is a model training facility for college students under the supervision of highly qualified staff.
Mission Statement and Goals
The mission of the Southeastern Technical College Child Development Center is to foster a love of learning in every child we serve through exploration, play, and strong relationships, while also training the next generation of teachers through our role as a lab school.
In carrying out this mission/vision:
- We constantly strive to make the environment safe, aesthetically pleasing, and stimulating to all senses.
- We strive to make sure that each child is always learning by offering a curriculum that is hands-on, explorative, and developmentally appropriate.
- We believe that the appropriate curriculum will address the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs of all children.
- We believe in education and provide a staff that is committed to excellence by showing compassion, providing trust, demonstrating credibility, and respecting the diversity of each child.
Our goals are to:
- Provide quality education for all children regardless of the child’s interest, abilities, needs, and background.
- Give children the opportunity to solve problems, be creative, and build self-esteem.
- Weave learning into all aspects of the day and respect the knowledge that each child brings to the classroom.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of quality care and set the example for other child care programs.
12 weeks to 4 year olds
Hours of Operation
7:15 am - 5:15 pm
346 Kite Road, Building 4
Swainsboro, GA 30401
Like and Follow our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/STCchilddevelopmentcenter/