All applicants seeking admission to Southeastern Technical College must be at least 16 years of age
or be dually enrolled high school students in the 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grades at the time of application submission.
A high school diploma or high school equivalent is required for admission to all programs at Southeastern Technical College, with the exception of the Commercial Truck Driving program.
Submit a completed application and the $25 application fee to the campus you will be attending.
Students may apply online to Southeastern Technical College, download the application for admission from our website (see link on the right hand side of this page) and mail it to the campus you plan to attend, or visit one of our two campus locations in Swainsboro and Vidalia.
346 Kite Road
Swainsboro, GA 30401
Phone (478) 289-2200
Fax (478) 289-2263
3001 East 1st Street
Vidalia, GA 30474
Phone (912) 538-3100
Fax (912) 538-3156
Submit an official copy of your high school *transcript or high school equivalent scores to the Admissions Office. Transcript request forms are available here. Applicants who have completed (with a C or better) a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours at the degree level may submit official college transcripts in lieu of high school diploma or high school equivalent. All transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope. Special Education diplomas or Certificate of Attendance are not recognized for admission purposes.
*Southeastern Technical College only accepts high school diplomas from secondary schools accredited by one of the following accreditation agencies. Acceptable accreditation must be in place when the diploma was granted. The following agencies are approved:
Regional accrediting agencies which include:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on Accreditation and School Improvement
- Northwest Accreditation Commission
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on Accreditation and School Improvement
- Georgia Accrediting Commission
- Georgia Association of Christian Schools
- Alabama Independent School Association
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Georgia Private School Accreditation Council
- Accrediting Commission for Independent Study (note: ACIS merged with the Georgia Accrediting Commission in 2005)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools
- Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools
- Florida Coalition of Christian Private Schools Accreditation
- Florida Council of Independent Schools
- Florida Council of Private Schools
- National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)
- North American Christian School Accrediting Agency (NACSAA)
- South Carolina Independent School Association
- Tennessee Association of Christian Schools
- Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
- Distance Education Training Council, or from a public school regulated by a school system and state department of education.
Submit official college transcripts from all previously attended colleges to the Admissions Office. Click here for a transcript request form.
Take the Accuplacer placement test, or submit satisfactory SAT or ACT scores. Placement results are valid for a period of 60 months. Official transcripts from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution documenting successful completion (a grade of C or better) in equivalent, program-level English and math courses may be submitted in lieu of taking the placement test. Reasonable accommodations are made during testing for those who need them—please notify the Special Needs Specialist to schedule a test date.
Applicants applying for in-state tuition must also provide one of the items listed on the Verification of Lawful Presence form.